Services at this Center
Physician Office Visits
Whether it is a first-time injury or a chronic condition, HSS expert physicians and surgeons employ the most advanced techniques to establish a precise diagnosis and treatment plan. Noninvasive care such as casting, bracing, and physical therapy, as well as minimally invasive treatments are available for your recovery.
Attending scheduled follow-up care after your orthopedic procedure is integral to getting back on your feet. Many of our surgeons have office hours at HSS Westchester so patients can spend less time traveling and more time recovering close to home.
Radiology and Imaging / MRI
Our unparalleled imaging technologies and expertise means an accurate diagnosis for you.
- All HSS MRIs use high-spatial resolution and thin-slice imaging. These state-of-the-art techniques (not always available at other healthcare providers) helps HSS make a definitive diagnosis for any orthopedic condition, with special attention paid to the health of the cartilage, labrum and other soft tissues.
- All MRI exams are interpreted by radiologists with additional specialty training in musculoskeletal imaging. Because of this focused expertise, HSS radiologists are frequently consulted by other doctors around the world.
- Our high-resolution MRI exams do not require invasive intra-articular gadolinium contrast.
- Traditional MRIs can be distorted by the natural magnetism present in some metallic medical implants. To address this, in patients who already have a joint replacement or other prosthesis, HSS uses a specialized scanning platform called MAVRIC (multi-acquisition variable-resonance image combination) to obtain an accurate reading.
- HSS has devised modified MRI pulse sequences to detect cartilage damage in its early stages. This means that you may benefit from early intervention that could postpone or eliminate the need for surgery.
We offer convenient access to pain management (or pain treatment) procedures in an ambulatory setting instead of the operating room.
With a focus on patients’ goals, board certified physical therapists offer a broad spectrum of contemporary exercise interventions in the presence of manual and soft tissue techniques. Their expertise is in treating conditions related to:
- Sports-based injuries
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Spine pain
- Aquatic therapy
- Adult Reconstruction & Joint Replacement (ARJR)
The center highlights Alter-G Anti-Gravity Treadmill, VSR Concussion Balance Trainer and class IV laser therapy. Patients have direct access to therapists without a physician prescription.
Same Day Sports Medicine Appointments
You have the ability to make same day sports appointments.
Our expert physicians and specialists present regular educational seminars on topics ranging from improving physical performance and cardiovascular health to preventing painful injuries and developing arthritis.