Thank you for your interest in the Academic Visitor Program. Please read and review the following guidelines carefully.
1. Applicant must secure an invitation to observe before submitting a request to visit. It is the applicant’s responsibility to identify a potential host physician and contact the physician(s) with prospective dates of visit.
2. Applicants must be 18 years of age to participate in the Academic Visitor Program.
3. Applicants must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
4. The Academic Visitor Program is non-accredited.
5. Fee: $300.00 USD for MDs, per visitor, per visit. $1,000.00 USD for industry or vendor sponsored MDs.
6. Applications are accepted no earlier than 6 months prior to your start date.
7. Applications must be submitted at least 1 month prior to the date of visit. If an application is not received within this time frame, your visit date will be adjusted to allow for adequate processing and approval time.
The application process takes approximately 1 month. We will contact you when a decision is made, or if additional information and clarification is needed.
If approved, an approval letter (usually in the form of an email) will be issued, stating the dates of your visit, your host physician, and information on the program. If you need an approval letter on official HSS letterhead, this will be provided only upon request.
If you need to change the requested dates or cancel your request, please do so by contacting the Academic Visitor Program Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org AND your host physician as soon as possible. Newly proposed dates will not be guaranteed and must be approved by the host physician’s office and the Academic Visitor Program Coordinator.
For any questions regarding the application process contact the Academic Visitor Program at email@example.com.
If you are a domestic medical student seeking credit for your visit, please go to Medical Electives Program.