What To Expect When You Come to the Myositis Support Group
- Meetings are generally held on the second Wednesday of each month at Hospital for Special Surgery.
- During the first hour, speakers with expertise in areas that affect people with myositis are invited to present to the group on such topics as physical therapy, managing medications, managing stress and treatments and medications for myositis.
- During the second hour, there is an open discussion where members share thoughts and feelings about the topic and other related concerns about living with myositis.
Please be aware that, for purposes of social distancing, our program schedules and formats may be changed. Be sure to call the coordinator of the program in advance for further information or if you have any questions.
For New Members
Before joining the group, please contact the coordinator for a telephone interview (212.774.7623). You will have the opportunity to “meet” the coordinator over the phone. You will also learn more about the group and we will have a chance to learn more about you so that we can best meet your needs.
In Addition to the Group
Benefits of becoming a member of the Myositis Support group include:
- You will receive monthly mailings. These mailings include a flyer describing the month’s topic and guest speaker. There is also a newsletter that summarizes the previous month’s meeting. For a list of speakers and selected summaries of presentations, please visit us online.
- You can contact the coordinator for information and referrals about myositis related support and services.