Charla Teen, Young Adult & Parent Support Group
Do you want to meet others with lupus? Please join us at our monthly support & education group.
The purpose of the Charla Teen, Young Adult and Parent Support Group is to provide a safe and comfortable space to allow teens, young adults and parents to share their thoughts, issues and concerns related to managing lupus. At the same time, participants receive support and education that can help them to better cope with lupus.
We accomplish this through:
- Facilitating informal group discussions on relevant topics to group members.
- Providing educational opportunities for members to learn about their lupus through guest speakers and presentations.
- Assisting with developing coping skills.
- Fostering an informal environment where teens with lupus can support, share their stories and socialize with each other.
- Charla’s monthly groups are conducted in English and Spanish.
- Meetings are facilitated by Charla Program Manager, Program Coordinator and Program Associates.
- Meetings alternate between HSS and Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of New York-Presbyterian.
^ Back to Top
For Inquiring Teens With Lupus:
Our Thoughts, Issues & Concerns: an award-winning publication written and illustrated by a young Charla peer volunteer.