VOICES Medicaid Education Program provides support, information, advocacy and assistance to Ambulatory Care Center patients and potential new patients in navigating the complex Medicaid system, in order to obtain or maintain access to orthopedic and rheumatologic specialty care.
Here are some of the ways our program can help you.
- Understand your Medicaid coverage and your options under Medicaid Managed Care
- Select a Medicaid managed care plan
- Learn how to request an out of network authorization if you have a Medicaid Managed Care plan HSS does not participate with
- Refer you to other related resources
If you are new to Medicaid and would like to be seen at HSS, our Medicaid Managed Care information flyer in English and Spanish will help you understand your insurance options.
Do you need insurance? If so, our Affordable Care Act (ACA) information flyer in English and Spanish will help you prepare for the application process through the Affordable Care Act. This includes Medicaid and Child Health Plus, or purchasing a Qualified Health Plan.
Here is a list of contact information for services within HSS that you may find helpful:
- Appointment Desk
To schedule an appointment in the Ambulatory Care Center.
- Financial Assistance Program
If you do not have health insurance and/or are concerned that you may not be able to pay in full for your care at HSS.
- Insurance Advisory Service
For questions about your insurance plan coverage.
- Physician Referral Service
Let us help you find the right doctor to meet your specific needs.
Community Insurance Resources
You may find the following community resources helpful:
- NYC Human Resources Administration
For information regarding your Medicaid case, public health insurance, temporary cash assistance, food stamps, home care for seniors and the disabled, child care, adult protective services, domestic violence, HIV/AIDS support services and child support enforcement.
- New York Medicaid CHOICE (Only for those that applied for Medicaid through Local Department of Social Service (LDSS))
For information regarding all your options under Medicaid Managed Care, such as assistance choosing or changing your plan. You can also apply for Managed Long-Term Care.
- New York State of Health (Official Health Plan Marketplace)
Enroll in Medicaid, Child Health Plus (CHP) or Essential Plan any time of the year, if you are eligible. You can also enroll in a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) during open enrollment periods, or if you have a qualifying event.