Submitted by student, Tatianna
and parent, Alexandra
"Tastes good and looks yummy."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 5-10 minutes to prepare, 20-30 minutes to cook and can feed 6 people.
- 12 ounces (approximately 3/4 pound) boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce (light)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Cooking oil spray
- Chop up mushrooms and onions on cutting board.
- Slice chicken breast into small pieces.
- Stir-fry vegetables in cooking oil sprayed pan.
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Mix garlic and pepper with vegetables.
- Place chicken in frying pan with vegetables, and cook until no longer pink.
- Mix in chicken broth and alfredo sauce, lower heat and let simmer.
- Mix pasta with chicken and vegetables, and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Cutting Board
- Frying Pan
Healthy Note:Add broccoli for a Vitamin C and calcium boost!