Submitted by student, Tatianna
and parent, Alexandra
"Tastes good and looks yummy."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 5-10 minutes to prepare, 20-30 minutes to cook and can feed 6 people.
- 12 ounces (approximately 3/4 pound) boneless chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup alfredo sauce (light)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- Cooking oil spray
- Chop up mushrooms and onions on cutting board.
- Slice chicken breast into small pieces.
- Stir-fry vegetables in cooking oil sprayed pan.
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling water according to package directions.
- Mix garlic and pepper with vegetables.
- Place chicken in frying pan with vegetables, and cook until no longer pink.
- Mix in chicken broth and alfredo sauce, lower heat and let simmer.
- Mix pasta with chicken and vegetables, and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Cutting Board
- Frying Pan
Add broccoli for a Vitamin C and calcium boost!
Serving Size: 8.25 ounces (234g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from fat: 40
Total fat: 4.5g (6%)
Saturated fat: 1.5g (8%)
Cholesterol: 40mg (15%)
Sodium: 300mg (15%)
Total Carbohydrate: 64g (20%)
Dietary Fiber: less than 1g (4%)
Vitamin A: 0%
Vitamin C: 6%
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.