HSS Rehabilitation Volunteer Program
Volunteer experiences in HSS Rehabilitation and Performance include outpatient physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy. Please be aware that we do not offer inpatient acute care experiences. Please check the specific requirement of any schools to which you may be applying. Additionally, volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
Outpatient volunteer areas:
- Hand Therapy Center: Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Orthopedic Physical Therapy Center: Physical Therapy
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Center: Physical Therapy
- HSS 75th Street: Physical Therapy
- HSS Sports Rehabilitation and Performance Center: Physical Therapy
- HSS Sports Medicine Institute West Side: Physical Therapy
- HSS Midtown: Physical Therapy
- HSS Long Island: Physical Therapy
- HSS Brooklyn: Physical Therapy
- HSS Hudson Yards: Physical Therapy
Responsibilities and opportunities:
- Prepare and store exercise equipment
- Prepare towels and pillowcases and restock supplies
- Assist in keeping treatment areas clean and free of clutter
- Assist in clerical support as requested
- Assist rehabilitation technicians, therapists, and clerical staff as requested
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to stand for long periods and lift light equipment
Due to space considerations, for the summer we are limiting experiences to early mornings, evenings, and Saturdays.
If you are interested being a volunteer at HSS Rehabilitation and Performance, please complete this form. Applying takes at least 4 weeks for processing and includes a mandatory orientation session and physical assessment at Occupational Health.