The Latin America Regional Anesthesia Knowledge Exchange Program provides a unique opportunity for trainees from Latin America to gain valuable knowledge and experience through a structured three-week observation program with the department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management at HSS.
- Three-week observational rotation with the HSS Anesthesiology Department
- One or two observers will be identified to participate in a given month
- Observation of all anesthesia techniques performed at HSS, with a focus on regional anesthesia techniques
- Observation in the operating room with attending Anesthesiologist and Regional Anesthesia Fellows
- Participation in HSS Journal Club and service Grand Rounds
- Access to the HSS Kim Barrett Memorial Library
- Post-program continued education and ongoing engagement with HSS faculty, as part of the HSS-Latin America Club, through remote involvement in invite-only HSS Anesthesiology webinars, virtual Grand Rounds, and invitation to in-person HSS Professional Education programs
- Anesthesiology residents in their last year of residency, who are currently studying in Latin America
- English proficiency
Participant Engagement and Follow-up
Upon acceptance into the program, participants must agree to complete the following projects:
- Anesthesia Pre-test prior to the rotation
- Anesthesia Post-test/essay at the end of the rotation
- Prepare and deliver a PowerPoint presentation focused on the rotation learning experience at HSS
- Deliver presentation on the HSS rotation experience, to home institution
- Complete one-year follow-up survey on the impact of the HSS rotation
Step 1: All candidates must submit the online application form with the following supporting documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Digital copy of medical school diploma
- Digital photo (passport size; 2" x 2")
Step 2: Selected applicants will be interviewed prior to acceptance into the program.
Step 3: Upon complete review of the application, successful candidates will be extended an invitation into the program along with additional information for registration and health clearance.
The entire selection process takes approximately three months from date of submission.
Applications are now open.
HSS-Latin America Club in Anesthesia
All alumni of Latin America Regional Anesthesia Knowledge Exchange Program will gain lasting membership within the HSS community. Opportunities for continued involvement include:
- Participation in HSS educational programs in New York
- Continued engagement with HSS faculty and previous program participants
- Access to exclusive courses on HSS eAcademy®
Learn more about the HSS Anesthesiology Department
Learn more about Dr. Enrique Goytizolo
For additional information, please contact Global Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to the HSS Mailing List for Global Partnerships
Back to HSS Global Partnerships