Submitting to the Journal
HSS Journal is now inviting papers that are timely and relevant to the field of musculoskeletal medicine.
Detailed instructions can be found by visiting HSS Journal's Springer page. Submissions must be sent in via the HSS Journal online submission system.
Current Call for Manuscripts
The Opioid Crisis and Safe Pain Management in Musculoskeletal Health: A Special Issue of HSS Journal
Guest Editor: Seth Waldman, MD, Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital for Special Surgery
In October 2017 the opioid crisis was deemed a national public health emergency. HSS Journal, The Musculoskeletal Journal of Hospital for Special Surgery, is devoting an upcoming issue to articles representing multidisciplinary, interprofessional perspectives on opioid use and misuse, safe prescribing, and pain management.
The journal invites you to submit original research and review articles in the following areas:
- Innovative management of chronic and postsurgical pain
- Best practices for working with opioid tolerant, dependent, or addicted patients
- Use of prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs)
- Education of prescribers and patients on safe opioid use
- Legal, regulatory, and policy perspectives on addressing the opioid crisis
Submit online or contact Joy Jacobson, MFA, Managing Editor, at email@example.com or 646.797.8509. The deadline for submissions is June 1, 2018.