Founded in 2006, the mission of the International Society of Orthopaedic Centers, Ltd. (ISOC) is to facilitate the exchange of ideas and best practices among the premier specialty orthopaedic centers in the world and to collaborate on patient care, education, and research-based programs to advance improvements in orthopaedic care on a global scale.
To qualify for Full Membership or Consortium Membership, a center must meet all of the following criteria:
- Function as a specialty orthopaedic hospital or as a large orthopaedic department within a hospital with an international reputation for clinical and research excellence across more than one orthopaedic sub-specialty;
- Conduct at least five thousand (5,000) total orthopaedic surgical procedures per year;
- Have an orthopaedic staff of at least twenty (20) orthopaedic surgeons who collectively publish a significant number of high quality articles annually in well-respected peer-reviewed journals that reflect a diverse and excellent research and education program;
- Conduct, and exhibit a commitment to, orthopaedic research; and
- Function as or within an academic center (i.e., the Member must have orthopaedic residents or fellows in training).
Note: A Consortium Member is a collective group of two (2) or more Centers that have a pre-existing working relationship and collectively, as a group, meet the criteria above to be a Full Member.
Current Member Institutions
Visit the ISOC website to learn more about the International Society of Orthopaedic Centers.
Program Manager & ISOC Administrator
Hospital for Special Surgery
535 East 70th Street, New York, NY 10021
Tel: +1 212.774.7000