The Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management provides training opportunities for residents enrolled in an affiliated program. Our staff teaches residents in all three years of clinical anesthesia residency training.
We have a long-standing partnership with the anesthesia residency program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College and Johns Hopkins. Residents from this program learn the fundamentals of regional anesthesia during the CA-1 year with graduated responsibilities and exposure to advanced techniques and complex cases upon returning during subsequent years.
The Department hosts CA-3 residents from Johns Hopkins University, University of California - San Francisco and Georgetown University.
Weill Cornell Medical College
Johns Hopkins University
University of California - San Francisco
All rotating residents programs participate in department-wide academic programs. CA-3 residents are given the opportunity to present the summation of a recent article to the department during their rotation, with preparation assistance from a faculty advisor and statistician.
Please note, the Department is unable to grant requests for clinical electives from residents in non-affiliated programs.
What Anesthesiology Residents Say About Rotating at HSS
- "Thank you for this outstanding opportunity." - University of California - San Francisco resident
- "It has been a very good rotation, and I feel like I've learned a lot that I will carry forward into my practice as an attending this summer." - Georgetown resident
- “Thank you for an awesome HSS rotation!” - Weill Cornell Medical College resident
- "I've really appreciated and benefited from the experience here at HSS and am grateful for the opportunity." - Johns Hopkins resident
- "This was a great rotation - I learned a ton and really enjoyed working with the great group of attendings at HSS." - Georgetown resident
- "I had a great month! I really appreciate everyone being so nice and willing to teach." - Johns Hopkins resident
- "I very much enjoyed my rotation here." - University of California - San Francisco resident
- "My rotation has been really excellent, and I appreciate the opportunity to be here at HSS." - Georgetown resident
Back to Department of Anesthesiology, Critical Care & Pain Management for Professionals