It’s that time of year again–a time to reflect on what the previous 365 days brought us, a time to think of our “Aha!” moments. What were the times in the past year that made you say, “Aha! It all makes sense”?
When you think back to the start of 2012, what was it you were hoping to accomplish?
It is easy to create diversions when we hit road blocks. It is easy to take a short cut and say, “I’ll wait until next year.”
While it’s easy to tell yourself that you want to accomplish something within a year, the hardest part is actually doing it. Here are some tips to help make 2013 a healthy year full of “Aha!” moments. Set yourself apart from everyone else by using these tips for a successful year.
1. Set short-term goals. Set smaller goals that can be accomplished within three months or six months and long-term goals that can be accomplished in 12 months.
2. Break down your goals into sections. Trying to achieve a big project, weight loss or a dream job, typically doesn’t come in one clean moment. Break down what you would like to achieve in your short-term goals that will eventually lead to long-term success.
3. Give yourself some credit. Goal setting is easy– Achieving those goals takes willpower and strength. Every time you achieve something within your short- or long-term goals, give yourself a pat on the back. You are one step closer to your resolution. You are doing something that others won’t!
4. Ask others for guidance. It’s more fun to work out with a friend or partner, and it’s more fun to create goals with a group to hold you accountable.
5. Write it down. It is easy to say something, but when you write it down and look at it, you can SEE what you’ve put your mind to.
2013 will be filled with many chances to create a positive lifestyle. Exercise, being with friends and family, healthy eating and laughter are just some of the things that will make your goals easier to achieve. Cheers to 2013!