Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
Submitted by student, Tatianna and parent, Alexandra
"It is one of my favorite because it is tasty and not fattening. I made it myself one evening for dinner."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook and can feed 4 people.
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground, black pepper
- 2 cups baked spaghetti squash
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Dice peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, and remove the seeds. Place face down in large bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Poke holes on top, and wrap it with plastic. Microwave for 5 minutes or until soft. Use fork to place squash into another bowl (measure 2 cups of squash for this recipe).
- Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray and stir-fry vegetables. Mix in chicken broth, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix in spaghetti squash and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Frying Pan
Serving Size: 10.2 ounces (290g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from fat: 15
Total fat: 1.5g (2%)
Saturated fat: 0.5g (4%)
Cholesterol: less than 5mg (0%)
Sodium: 520mg (20%)
Total carbohydrate: 15g (4%)
Dietary fiber: 3g (15%)
Vitamin A: 45%
Vitamin C: 130%
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.