Spaghetti Squash Stir-Fry
Submitted by student, Tatianna and parent, Alexandra
"It is one of my favorite because it is tasty and not fattening. I made it myself one evening for dinner."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 10 minutes to prepare, 30 minutes to cook and can feed 4 people.
- 1 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground, black pepper
- 2 cups baked spaghetti squash
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Dice peppers, onions and mushrooms.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half, and remove the seeds. Place face down in large bowl with 1/2 cup of water. Poke holes on top, and wrap it with plastic. Microwave for 5 minutes or until soft. Use fork to place squash into another bowl (measure 2 cups of squash for this recipe).
- Spray pan with olive oil cooking spray and stir-fry vegetables. Mix in chicken broth, garlic powder and black pepper. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix in spaghetti squash and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cutting Board
- Measuring cup and spoons
- Frying Pan