Boneless Chicken with Noodles and Vegetables
Submitted by student, Jeffrey
and parent, Lissette
"This recipe is a mixture of all my kids' favorite things to eat."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 10-15 minutes to prepare, 10-15 minutes to cook and can feed 6 people.
- 18 ounces (approximately 1.125 pounds) boneless chicken breast
- 6 ounces dry egg noodles
- 2 cups frozen, mixed vegetables
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut chicken into squares, season it, then cook it in a pan over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, and cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Boil and drain the frozen vegetables.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, mix with noodles and vegetables in a pot, add milk and butter and let simmer.
- Measuring cup and spoon
- Pasta drainer
Remember portion control.
It is always good to have leftovers!
Serving Size: 7.32 ounces (208g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from fat: 50
Total fat: 5g (8%)
Saturated fat: 1.5g (6%)
Cholesterol: 85mg (30%)
Sodium: 100mg (4%)
Total carbohydrate: 24g (8%)
Dietary fiber: 1g (6%)
Vitamin A: 8%
Vitamin C: 20%
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.