Chicken Breast "a la Pizza"
Submitted by student, Eudis and parent, Siria
"This recipe is my favorite recipe because it is delicious. It is a recipe from my grandmother."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 20 minutes to prepare, 1 hour to cook and can feed 6 people.
- 18 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 14 ounces pizza pasta sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 2 tablespoons white, unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In one bowl, beat the eggs and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, oregano and corn flakes mashed into small pieces.
- Cut the chicken into large slices. Dip chicken in the egg and roll it into the flour-cereal mix.
- Heat butter in frying pan, and cook the chicken slices until brown on both sides.
- Layer half of the cooked chicken in the baking dish and spread with pizza pasta sauce and grated cheese. Repeat the process with the other half of the chicken.
- Bake it in a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. It can be served with baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or fried bananas.
- Mixing bowls
- Frying Pan
- Baking Dish
Serving Size: 6.65 ounces (188g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories from fat: 50
Total fat: 6g (8%)
Saturated fat: 2g (10%)
Cholesterol: 125mg (40%)
Sodium: 870mg (35%)
Total carbohydrate: 16g (6%)
Dietary fiber: 2g (6%)
Vitamin A: 15%
Vitamin C: 20%
Percent daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.