Submitted by student, Destiny and parent, Manette
"This recipe is my favorite recipe because it is healthy (my mom makes it her way)."
Timing & Number of Servings:
This recipe takes 30 minutes to prepare, 45 minutes to cook and can feed 5 people.
- 15 ounces bluefish fillets
- 2 teaspoons Goya Sazón Con Azafran
- Dash ground, black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 20 small, red potatoes
- 12 ounces frozen, mixed vegetables
- 2 large onions
- 2 large green peppers
- 5-6 cups water, enough to cover the fish
- 1 tablespoon white,unbleached flour
- Soak the fish in lemon juice to eliminate the odor.
- Season the fish with Sazón, pepper and garlic, and pre-cook the fish in olive oil.
- While the fish is cooking, peel and cut up the onions, potatoes and carrots.
- When the fish is done, mix the vegetables and fish together in a large pot.
- Add enough water to cover fish, approximately 5-6 cups. Slowly add flour to thicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, let it simmer and serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- Measuring Spoons
- Frying Pan
- Vegetable Peeler
- Large Pot
Healthy Note:Serve with a leafy, green vegetable.