Looking to improve performance and recovery after a workout or run? Consider trying this fruit-filled, sweet smoothie recipe from HSS dietitian, Jason Machowsky, which includes protein, carbs, and fluid to help replenish, rebuild, and rehydrate your muscles after a hard training session or workout.
- 1 medium or large ripe banana, frozen ideally
- ½ cup strawberries, frozen ideally
- ½ cup raspberries, frozen ideally
- 1 container (about 7 ounces) low fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of water or other liquid
- Ice as needed for consistency (may need a few cubes if fruit is not frozen)
- 300-325 calories
- 22-23g protein
- 50g carbohydrates
Jason Machowsky is a board certified sports dietitian, registered clinical exercise physiologist, certified strength and conditioning specialist and wellness coach at the Tisch Sports Performance Center at Hospital for Special Surgery.