Pediatric Case Managers are an integral part of the HSS health care team. We have a team of Licensed Social Workers and Registered Nurses who assist patients from pre-admission to post-discharge. The Case Managers:
- Work closely with your doctor, you, your child, the health care team, and your insurance carrier to ensure that the care your child receives best meets your child's needs
- Promote your participation in your child's care and planning
- Communicate with your insurance carrier to obtain insurance coverage for your child's hospital stay and post-discharge services, which may include home care or inpatient rehabilitation
- Provide assistance with discharge planning and coordination of medical needs and, if indicated, referrals for physical therapy, rehabilitation, or home care services after leaving the hospital
- Provide emotional support and counseling for you and your child regarding concerns about coping with your child's illness and/or disability and hospitalization
- Explore availability of resources to assist with personal, financial, and social needs which may have been affected as a result of your child's need for surgery
Contact Lorraine Montuori, LCSW, our Pediatric Inpatient Social Work Case Manager at 212.606.1031 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.