Awards and Funding
- Yusuke Nakagawa, MD, PhD, received a New Investigator Recognition Award at the 2018 Annual Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting
- Dr. Scott Rodeo received the “Arthur C. Rettig Award for Academic Excellence”, NFL Team Physicians Society, March 2018 for paper: “Current Update on Clinical Use of Biologics in Musculoskeletal Injury”
- Christopher Mendias, PhD and Scott Rodeo, MD received $800,000 grant from the Orthopedic Research and Education Foundation for a clinical study to evaluate the role of adipose derived stem cells in rotator cuff repair.
- Farrah Monibi DVM, PhD awarded the “BTCV Changer of the Year Award” from a non-profit organization that builds and refurbishes schools in the developing world - Be the Change Volunteers.
- Feldstein Medical Foundation in the ‘translational category’ (5/2017). The grant title is “Functional Genomics and Clinical Outcomes to Assess the Efficacy of Platelet-Rich Plasma as a Treatment for Knee Osteoarthritis” PI: Miguel Otero; co-investigators: Drs. Laura Donlin and Scott Rodeo (HSS) and Dr. Lisa Fortier (Cornell-Ithaca)}
- CTSC Precision Medicine Award (9/2017). Proposal title: “Biologic Activity of PRP and Correlation with Outcomes in Knee Osteoarthritis” PI: Miguel Otero; co-investigators: Drs. Scott Rodeo and Laura Donlin.