> Skip repeated content

Ask Anything

Women's Health—September 14, 2017

Women’s Health featured HSS primary care sports medicine physician Marci A. Goolsby, MD in their 'Ask Anything' section where readers ask experts questions. One reader asked 'I have a leg injury and can’t run or bike. How can I maintain fitness while I recover?'

Dr. Goolsby recommended to check with your doctor to find out what’s appropriate for you as you recover. Depending on the injury, she suggested swimming  with a pool buoy between your knees because it restricts movements to the upper body.

Additionally, Dr. Goolsby suggested upper-body weight lifting or core strengthening exercises.

Read the full article at womenshealthmag.com. This article was featured in the October 2017 print issue.

Additional Coverage:


Need Help Finding a Physician?

Call us toll-free at:

Media Contacts


Social Media Contacts