Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
How to put mind over body and lose weight
NBC Today--Kathy Lee and Hoda—October 18, 2012
Sports Nutritionist Heidi Skolnik, MS, CDN, FACSM, is a staff member at the Women's Sports Medicine Center at Hospital for Special Surgery, and is a nationally recognized thought leader in nutrition.
In this segment of the Today Show nutritionist Heidi Skolnik sat down with Kathy Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb and explained that many people have difficulty dieting because they make mistakes such as skipping meals and trying to ignore hunger.
Below are some of the topics she explored:
- The wrong mindset can lead to failure
- Skipping meals
- Restricting hunger
- Find a store that fits your budget and has food you like
- Make your health a priority and take action to live healthy
- Exercise makes you want to eat healthy
- Plan ahead and have a routine established
- All meals should have balance and variety
- Get adequate sleep and stay hydrated
- Eat smaller amounts throughout the day vs. three large meals
Watch the segment at today.msnbc.msn.com.
Conditions & Treatments
Select A Body Part