New York Post—February 18, 2015
The first of Carmelo Anthony’s 5-year, $124 million contract has ended and it was nothing short of a disaster.
With the Knicks at a league-worst 10-43, Anthony will have surgery on his troublesome left knee over the weekend and could be out as long as “four to six months,’’ Knicks president Phil Jackson announced Wednesday.
Anthony had been nursing a left knee injury since the second game of the regular season, and the Knicks announced he will require a knee patella tendon debridement and repair by Dr. Answorth Allen.
Anthony previously said rehab for the knee surgery would take about eight weeks before getting back on the court and he hoped to be back by the summer for his regular training regimen.
Anthony will be reevaluated after eight weeks, The Post has learned, and there’s still a chance he could start doing light work on the court by then. Jackson said the team wouldn’t know the exact timetable until after the surgery.
For the full story, please visit nypost.com.