Hospital for Special Surgery’s Benefit Committee Celebrates A Magical Evening at the Rainbow Room
NEW YORK—October 22, 2008
A gala dinner to benefit medical education at New York City’s Hospital for Special Surgery promises to be a magical evening as guests enjoy entertainment by contemporary cabaret performer and star of the stage and screen KT Sullivan at New York City’s famous Rainbow Room in Rockefeller Plaza.
As part of its ongoing commitment to support medical education, Hospital for Special Surgery’s Benefit Committee will host a cocktail reception and dinner. More than 300 guests are expected to attend.
“Ongoing medical education is essential to remain at the forefront of innovative procedures,” said Cynthia D. Sculco, chairperson of the Benefit Committee and wife of Thomas P. Sculco, M.D., surgeon-in-chief at Hospital for Special Surgery. “The hospital’s top notch medical education program benefits patients and physicians throughout the world and underscores our leadership in the areas of orthopedics, rheumatology, anesthesiology, musculoskeletal radiology, rehabilitation and sports medicine. Support raised through this event helps grow HSS’s award-winning medical education program.”
A key component to HSS’s education and training is the HSS Journal, a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year that features articles by the hospital’s faculty and alumni. In each edition, the journal presents innovative research, clinical pathways and the latest in techniques to educate physicians and surgeons and to further the hospital's broad-based education mission.
Members of the Benefit Committee include:
- Emme Levin Deland
- Dr. Marcia Dunn
- Anne Ehrenkranz
- Mrs. Seymour Flug (Renee)
- Christine Frissora-Rodeo, M.D.
- Susan M. Goodman, M.D.
- Mary B. Goldring, Ph.D.
- Mrs. David L. Helfet (Molly)
- Karen K. Hsu
- Taisa Markus Ivashkiv
- Judith Little
- Mrs. John P. Lyden (Carol)
- Dr. Paula J. Olsiewski
- Mrs. Stephen A. Paget (Sandy)
- Dr. Rock G. Positano
- Mrs. Leon Root (Paula)
- Susan W. Rose
- Jane E. Salmon, M.D.
- Mrs. Eduardo A. Salvati (Antonella)
- Mrs. Thomas P. Sculco (Cynthia)
- Katie Shah
- Mrs. Louis A. Shapiro
- The Honorable Joyce Sparrow
- Philip D. Wilson, Jr., M.D.
- Harvey Zeichner, Esq., PsyD.
- Mrs. David S. Levine (Davena)
- Mrs. Russell E. Windsor (Terry)
- Mrs. Michael J. Errico (Angela)
- Mrs. David B. Levine (Janet)
- Mrs. David W. Altchek (Anne)
- Mrs. C. Ronald MacKenzie (Kathy)
- Mrs. Daniel S. Rich (Stephanie)
- Mrs. Mathias P. Bostrom (Lisa)
- Mrs. Roger F. Widmann (Miriam)
- Mrs. Frank P. Cammisa, Jr. (Gail)
- Mrs. Charles N. Cornell (Priscilla)
- Mrs. Edward C. Jones (Mary)
- Mrs. Russell F. Warren (Laurie)
- Mrs. Scott W. Wolfe (Missy)
- Stephanie Hotchkiss, DDS
- Mrs. Timothy M. Wright (Kathy)
- Arthur Levitt
- Mrs. Gregory E. Lutz (Paula)
“A Magical Evening at the Rainbow Room” will be held on Friday, November 14, 2008. Cocktails will begin at 6:30 p.m., dinner will be served at 7:30 p.m. For additional information please call 917.359.3939 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.