Hospital for Special Surgery’s Autumn Benefit Committee Celebrates A Night Under the Bridge
NEW YORK—November 12, 2009
As part of its ongoing commitment to support medical education, the Autumn Benefit Committee of New York City’s Hospital for Special Surgery will host a cocktail reception and dinner under the historic Queensboro Bridge at Guastavino’s restaurant, 409 East 59th Street, on Friday, November 13, 2009. Guests will enjoy entertainment by Broadway singer and actress Andrea McArdle. More than 300 are expected to attend.
“Ongoing medical education is essential to remain at the forefront of innovation in orthopedic surgery,” said Cynthia D. Sculco, chairperson of the Benefit Committee and wife of Thomas P. Sculco, M.D., surgeon-in-chief at Hospital for Special Surgery. “The hospital’s outstanding medical education program benefits patients and physicians throughout the world and underscores our leadership in the areas of orthopedics, rheumatology, anesthesiology, musculoskeletal radiology, physiatry, rehabilitation and sports medicine. Support raised through this event helps grow Hospital for Special Surgery’s award-winning medical education program.”
Funds raised at this benefit underwrite a key component to Hospital for Special Surgery’s education and training, the HSS Journal, a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year that features articles by the hospital’s faculty and alumni. In each edition, the journal presents innovative research, clinical pathways and the latest in techniques to educate physicians and surgeons and to further the hospital's broad-based education mission.
Members of the Autumn Benefit Committee include:
- Taisa Markus Ivashkiv
- Judith Little
- Mr. and Mrs. Seymour Flug
- Emme Levin Deland
- Anne Ehrenkranz
- Mrs. John P. Lyden (Carol)
- Dr. Paula J. Olsiewski
- Mrs. Stephen A. Paget (Sandy)
- Dr. Rock G. Positano
- Mrs. Leon Root (Paula)
- Mrs. Louis A. Shapiro (Mary Lee)
- The Honorable Joyce Sparrow
- Dr. Philip D. Wilson, Jr.
- Harvey Zeichner, Esq., Psy.D.
- Mrs. Eduardo A. Salvati (Antonella)
- Dr. Susan M. Goodman
- Dr. Christine Frissora-Rodeo
- Mrs. Timothy M. Wright (Kathy)
- Dr. Marcia Dunn
- Mary B. Goldring, Ph.D.
- Karen K. Hsu
- Dr. Jane E. Salmon
- Mrs. Thomas P. Sculco (Cynthia)
- Katie Shah
- Mrs. David S. Levine (Davena)
- Mrs. Russell E. Windsor (Theresa)
- Mrs. C. Ronald MacKenzie (Kathy)
- Mrs. Mathias P. Bostrom (Lisa)
- Mrs. Roger F. Widmann (Miriam)
- Mrs. Michael J. Errico (Angela)
- Mrs. Daniel S. Rich (Stephanie)
- Mrs. David B. Levine (Janet)
- Mrs. Charles N. Cornell (Priscilla)
- Mrs. Edward C. Jones (Mary)
- Mrs. Russell F. Warren (Laurie)
- Mrs. Frank P. Cammisa, Jr. (Gail)
- Dr. Stephanie Hotchkiss
- Arthur Levitt
- Kathy Leventhal
- Mrs. Gregory E. Lutz (Paula)
“A Night Under the Bridge” will begin with cocktails at 6:30 pm followed by dinner at 7:30 pm. For additional information about The 2009 Autumn Benefit, call 917.359.3939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.