- Take your pain medication as prescribed.
- To control pain, take your pain medication before the pain becomes severe.
- If your pain medication seems weak or you are experiencing unpleasant side effects, do not hesitate to call your surgeon’s office.
- If you are taking pain medication, avoid alcoholic beverages.
- It is important to notify your surgeon’s office if you require additional pain medications. It will take a few days to mail you a new prescription, so call the surgeon’s office before your supply runs too low. Call when you have 1 week supply to be safe.
If you experience discomfort during your ongoing physical therapy, take your pain medication at least 45 minutes prior to your subsequent therapy sessions. This will allow enough time for the medication to take effect.