The specific aims of the HSS CAS Center are to:
- Develop a CAS Research Laboratory, designed as a (digital) simulated O/R, dedicated to the development, research, and implementation of surgical navigation and robotics.
- Promote and facilitate the adoption of CAS technologies into the O/R.
- Conduct pioneering research in CAS technologies, focusing on the integration of surgical navigation and robotics with arthroscopy, arthroplasty, and spine procedures.
- Participate in product development with navigation and robotic companies.
- Provide training for surgeons in the principles and utilization of CAS techniques.
- Establish strategies to assimilate data generated from CAS systems into electronic medical records and clinical research databases.