Special Recognition and Leadership
Our department members share their expertise by taking on leadership positions in community and professional organizations, and have been awarded special acknowledgement for their contributions.
Adena Batterman, LCSW
Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ARHP). Practice Committee Member, 2010.
Roberta Horton, LCSW, ACSW
- Addie Thomas Service Award, 2008. Presented by the Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ACR) in recognition for leadership contributions for arthritis-related activities at the local, regional, and national level.
- Wholeness of Life Honoree, Hospital for Special Surgery 1991. Awarded by the HSS Pastoral Care Committee in recognition for commitment and dedication to promoting wholeness of life in health care.
- Columbia University School of Social Work. Adjunct Associate Professor, 1992-present.
- Association of Rheumatology Health Professionals (ARHP), Peer Review Panel Member, 2003-2006; 1992-1995; Social Work Standards Task Force, Member, 1993.
- Arthritis Foundation (New York Chapter). Patient Service Committee Member, 1998-present.
- Scleroderma Society, Past Officer, Board of Directors, 1985-1992.
Juliette Kleinman, LCSW, ACSW
- GNYHA Foundation, The Health Information Tool for Empowerment, Advisory Council, Member
- East Side Council on the Aging (ESCOTA), held various positions on the Executive Board including, Chair, Membership and Directory Chair and Treasurer, 1999-2005.
- American Society on Aging (ASA), Aging in America Annual Conference, peer reviewer, 2011, 2012
Jillian Rose, LMSW
- Emerging Leader in Social Work Award, NASW New York Chapter, 2010.
- NIAMS Multicultural Initiative Strategic Planning Committee Hispanic/Latino Work Group, Member, 2009 - present.
- Eliminating Health Disparities in Lupus (EHDLI). Professional Development Subcommittee Member, 2009 to present. (EHDLI is a cooperative agreement between the American College of Rheumatology and the HHS Offices of Minority Health, Women’s Health, and the Surgeon General.)
My-Lan Tran, LCSW
- NIAMS National Multicultural Outreach Initiative. Asian and Pacific Islander Advisory Workgroup, Member, 2009 to present.
- Asian Health and Social Service Council. Co-secretary, Executive Board, 2010 - present.
- Charles B. Wang Community Health Center. Women's Health Advisory Committee Member, 2009 - present.
^ Back to Top