RT-Image—August 16, 2010
Name: Helene Pavlov, MD, FACR
Title: Radiologist-in-Chief at Hospital for Special Surgery
Highlights of selected questions...
4. What has changed the most about radiology in the last 10 years?
Advances in sensitivity and specificity of the equipment and the expertise. Diseases and conditions can be diagnosed early and more precisely with ionizing radiation imaging modalities and nonionizing radiation modalities.
6. What’s your favorite type of case to read?
Sports medicine imaging exams
Post-op spine exams in patients with persistent pain
11. What hobbies or interests do you pursue in your free time?
What’s free time? OK, gardening.
13. How would your colleagues describe you?
Perfectionist; tough but fair; always pushing the envelope
18. Who do you admire in your field and why?
My staff of radiologists. They are state-of-the-art subspecialists in musculoskeletal radiology. I admire them every day for their accurate diagnostic acumen, appropriate use of imaging, and superb patient focus.
Read the full story with all 20 questions originally appeared at rt-image.com