HSS News Network
Media Relations/Public Relations Contact Information
To learn more about ongoing news stories at Hospital for Special Surgery, please contact our Public Relations Department.
Press Releases | view all
- Hospital for Special Surgery Community-Based Rehabilitation Network, Oldest in U.S., Marks 20 Years Serving Patients
April 8, 2014 - HSS Rehabilitation Network, marking its 20th anniversary this year, has become a valuable resource for individuals looking for a facility in their community that meets the highest standards of care....
- Hospital for Special Surgery Names Renowned Orthopedic Surgeon from Philadelphia as New Surgeon-in-Chief and Medical Director
April 2, 2014 - Todd J. Albert, M.D., Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics and President of The Rothman Institute at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia, has been selected as the new Surgeon-in-Chief and Medical Director of the leading orthopedic hospital in the country, Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York City....
- Dr. Mary Goldring Named President of Orthopaedic Research Society
March 17, 2014 - Mary B. Goldring, Ph.D., senior scientist at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York City, has been named president of the Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS). The inauguration took place at the organization’s annual meeting on March 17 in New Orleans, with more than 2600 attendees....
HSS in the News | view all
- Morning Swim Show: Lessons Learned From Ian Thorpe's Shoulder Infection
April 11, 2014—Swimming World
In light of the tragic news of Ian Thorpe's infection after shoulder surgery, today's edition of The Morning Swim Show offers some perspective on the ways to prevent complications from major surgery....
- Dual Mobility Hip Replacement Dislocation Risk “Zero”
April 6, 2014—Orthopedics This Week
Want to reduce wear and eliminate the risk of dislocation? Try something that the Europeans have done for many years - dual mobility hip replacement....
- Albert to leave Rothman Institute
April 4, 2014—Philly.com
Todd J. Albert, a prominent surgeon and president of the Rothman Institute, is leaving the fast-growing orthopedics practice based in Center City to become surgeon-in-chief and medical director at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York City, the organizations announced....
^ Back to Top