Request an Appointment
Please fill out the fields below and we will contact you to schedule an appointment
Would you like to receive our monthly e-Newsletter with updates from HSS?
It's an easy trip to HSS
You can arrange to see many of our physicians on Long Island. Then, if you require surgery, you will be scheduled to come to HSS for your procedure. The hospital is conveniently located just off the FDR Drive for patients arriving from Long Island by car. If you are coming by train, HSS is minutes away from Grand Central Station and a 20-minute cab ride from Penn Station.
Why are your friends and neighbors choosing HSS for their care?
Our orthopedists are expert in new surgical techniques and our rheumatologists are highly knowledgeable about advanced medicines that ensure the relief of pain and maximize the ability of patients to enjoy active lives. In the most recent U.S.News & World Report “Best Hospitals” issue (2012-13), Hospital for Special Surgery was ranked #1 in the nation for Orthopedics and #3 in Rheumatology. Informed patients want the best and Long Island residents are realizing that they are within easy reach of the finest treatment in the world.
If you have muscle, bone or joint pain, maybe it's time to think about calling us.
Pain prevents you from enjoying physical activities and makes you distracted and irritable. Most people accommodate pain far too long.
It is important to know that early treatment of many orthopedic problems, whether related to injury or arthritis, prevents these conditions from worsening. Today, at HSS you can choose a subspecialist who is expert in exactly your problem. We offer a comprehensive approach to muscle, bone and joint problems - from diagnosis and treatment to rehabilitation and recovery.
In assessing each patient for treatment, our doctors begin by considering the least invasive options. HSS surgeons are widely known, for example, for advancing new procedures, including minimally invasive hip arthroscopy, for patients who have hip conditions that do not require open surgery.
If you require a joint replacement, you can feel confident about the availability of customized replacement joints at a hospital where surgeons are expert in the use of shorter incisions for hip and knee replacements ensuring a reduced hospital stay and the quickest possible recovery.
HSS is a leader in using regional anesthesia and has among the lowest infection rates in the world. Our outstanding rehabilitation program supports speedy recovery allowing patients to feel stronger and more active than they have in years.
We have an extraordinary team of medical professionals ready to treat your condition.
HSS is the largest specialty hospital in the world devoted to musculoskeletal medicine and surgery. Our expertise includes the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and conditions of the foot and ankle, hand, wrist, arm, shoulder, neck, spine, hip and knee. Highly specialized physicians also perform limb lengthening, deformity and scoliosis corrections in adults and the full spectrum of orthopedic surgeries for children. Our specialists provide assessment and treatment for osteoporosis, comprehensive medical and surgical arthritis care and the most advanced diagnostic, treatment and rehabilitation options for sports-related injuries.
Our experts are nationally and internationally acknowledged for their clinical experience and success in translating scientific discoveries into improved patient care:
- Our orthopedic surgeons perform more hip and knee replacements than any other hospital in the United States.
- Innovative interdisciplinary teams are exploring new approaches in osteoarthritis, bone healing, tissue engineering and developing better-fitting, longer-lasting hip, knee and shoulder replacements.
- With thousands of patient visits each year, our rheumatologists have wide experience in the diagnosis and management of rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and other complex autoimmune diseases.
- HSS rheumatology patients consistently experience the benefits of the latest scientific discoveries because our physicians are also leaders in major national research studies.
- With the Department of Radiology and Imaging's radiologists board certified in musculoskeletal imaging and a reputation for the highest quality in diagnostic outcomes, Hospital for Special Surgery is the nation's largest academic imaging center dedicated to musculoskeletal health.