The globalization of medicine and the growing patient and professional interest in HSS as a world-class institution in musculoskeletal health has created a need for professional education and academic collaborations at HSS and abroad. In keeping aligned with the hospital’s global initiatives, the HSS International Alumni Ambassadors Program (IAAP) is an outgrowth of the hospital’s vision to be among the leaders in the world as an innovative source for medical care and research. In our quest to be the “most trusted educator” we strive for excellence in all of the major clinical and research disciplines at HSS.
Program GoalSelection Criteria:
The goal of the IAAP is to identify and appoint a cadre of talented physicians who have completed their graduate medical education at HSS to serve as International Alumni Ambassadors (IAA). The IAA will represent the hospital to the international medical community with the outcome to foster the hospital’s brand and image worldwide via professional partnerships and collaborations with leaders of organizations, associations and societies that share an interest in professional education and knowledge transfer for improved patient care.
Prospective IAA nominees will have/be:
- Completed a one year clinical fellowship program in either an accredited or non-accredited program at HSS.
- Affiliated with an academic medical center for a minimum of two years.
- Recognized as an active, engaged HSS alumnus (i.e.) dues paying member, class representative, attendance at alumni meeting, participation at alumni events (i.e.) AAOS, ACR, ABOSM meeting/alumni receptions.
- Exhibited “world-class” leadership skills in the profession i.e. serve in a leadership position in professional society or on professional committees.
- Recognized by his/her peers for their professionalism, clinical expertise, and communication skills (i.e.) serve as an activity director or faculty on CME programs, publish in leading professional journals, thru provided letter of reference(s).
- Demonstrated a strong commitment to the mission and vision of HSS.